Vegan Zucchini pizza
Vegan Zucchini Pizza
A Healthy low carb alternative to pizza using local produce always fresh.
Ingredients: (4 servings)
- 4 Zucchini / Courgettes medium sized halves
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 cup marinara sauce or tomato pulp
- 1 ½ cups vegan mozzarella
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil over medium heat, add onion, garlic and cook until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and basil and cook the sauce on medium-low heat, while it simmers covered, for about 30 minutes.
- Place the sauce in food processor and process until puree. Then re-heat gently and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pre-heat oven to 400° Line a sheet pan with foil and set aside.
- Combine garlic, olive oil and oregano in a small bowl.
- Lay Zucchini on pan and brush with garlic and olive oil mixture. Add 1 tablespoon of marinara sauce then add vegan mozzarella and sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese is almost golden.
- Serve warm and enjoy!